|Fergus sitting for his new mom while his new sister watches.|
Update: We are now getting Speedy instead. He's been at the vet for a while after being ran over by a car. No other foster jumped at him since he needed a little more care so we decided to take him. Plus all the other Urgent dogs are safe. :) meet Speedy (short for Speedbump)!
3. Anyways, I'm on a new rotation now, Geriatrics. I love/hate this rotation. Our school is one of only 17 in the nation that has a stand alone Geriatrics clerkship which is cool but that also means we don't technically need to take it. Plus there's a lot of busy work and a whole day each week of lectures. Blargh! Fortunately I love old people and the hours aren't too bad so I think I'll survive.
4. And of course because my hours aren't as bad, my mom found not one but TWO pairs of Danskos at the thrift store, the shoes that are necessary to own when up on your feet for hours on end. I bought two pairs this summer for Surgery and Internal Medicine and wore them ALL THE TIME. They're expensive but worth it. The ones she found for me were definitely worth it as they were only $3! THREE DOLLARS! Mine cost $120 for a pair like this and she got two for $6 total. I'm happy but also a lil peeved she couldn't have found them last year. (Plus, she may be better than me at thrifting. Not cool, mom.)
5. Did you all vote in the Sheenazing Blog Awards? I could not believe how many cathsorority ladies were included in it. Well, I mean I could because I know how awesome everyone is but I was also shocked by it. Because that makes sense. It was so hard to vote though as I loved so many of the options. I hope the ladies of cathsorority clean up Adele style.
6. We have had crazy weather this week! I mean crazy! Monday it was 70, Tuesday AM 65 by the afternoon it was 30 and by the evening it was snowing. Wednesday we got an inch of snow and about an hour south of us was having tornado warnings...in January!! Today it is 1 degree out. In Fahrenheit. Is it spring yet?
7. Friday Funny: Two of my favorite things.